Library Facilities and Services for Customers with Disabilities
We are committed to providing support to all our customers and aim to continually improve the services and facilities we offer.
Book a personal consultation
Set up a personal introduction to Library services and research tools with one of our Accessibility Officers:
- Jessica Goff email@example.com +44 (0) 1793 785487
- Mandy Smith firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 1793 785487
We offer retrieval and extended loan services. If you have a support worker, he or she can borrow books on your behalf.
Barrington Library has:
- a designated car space in front of the Library
- automatic sliding doors at the entrance
- a lift between floors
- disabled toilets on the ground floor
- wide gangways between book shelves
We aim to comply with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Computers and Workstations
The Library is wireless enabled and provides public computer workstations.
Our public computers provide:
- text to speech software
- screen magnification software
- on-screen keyboard
- sticky keys
- mind mapping software (Mindjet Manager)
- adaptable mouse and keyboard settings (see Microsoft Windows Accessibility)
Photocopying and Printing
The Library has DDA compliant scan/copy/print machines on the ground and first floors.
Productivity Tools (Assistive Technology)
Find more material to help you with Reading and Writing
Suggestions and Requests
Can the Library improve your experience? Please contact us, we welcome all comments and suggestions.