When communicating information you need to let people know where you found quotations, ideas or arguments by citing references correctly. If your supervisor or lecturer doesn't mind which guide you use, pick one and use it consistently throughout your assignment.
More advice on avoiding plagiarism can be found in the Information Literacy Tutorial
Reference Management Software
These free tools will help you store, share, and format your references:
When setting up your Mendeley account, we strongly recommend that you use your personal email rather than your Cranfield email. Please ignore any suggestion to use the Institutional Login. Please contact us via the Ask a Librarian Service if you have a question.
- Mendeley Help Forum
- Importing references into Mendeley from other RMS tools
- Using Mendeley with BibTex for LaTeX
- *Guidance on how to access the CDS Classroom virtual desktop from your Defence Academy PC is available at: https://intranet.cranfield.ac.uk/it/Pages/VMWare_Horizon_View.aspx
- How to add the Cranfield Author-Date style to Mendeley
- How to add the Cranfield Numeric style to Mendeley