Academic Liaison Group
Library Office 1
+44 (0)1793 785561
Research Support Coordinator - Barrington Library
Accessibility Officer for Barrington Library
First Aider for Barrington Library
Awarded Best Campus Support Staff, CDS, 2012-2013 - Student Led Teaching Awards
Service on University and College committees
- Battlespace Technology Course Committee
- Guided Weapons Systems Course Committee
- Military Aerospace and Airworthiness Course Committee
- Military Electronic Systems Engineering Course Committee
- Vehicle and Weapon Engineering Programme(USA)
- Weapon and Vehicle Systems Programme Course Committee
Member of the following professional bodies
- Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
- Academic and Research Libraries Group
- Information Literacy Group
- Member of South West Engineering Librarians (SWELS)
- DARTS (Discover Academic Research, Training and Support)Secretary
- Research Support
- Information Literacy
Barefoot, A., Cooksley, H., Crossley, J., Heath, A., Sleat, A., Smith, M. and Stevens, C. (2017) 'Changes in the research support landscape over the last ten+ years: reflections on the DARTS conference series 2005–2018', SCONUL Focus, 69, pp. 74-77. Available at: https://www.sconul.ac.uk/sites/default/files/documents/SCONUL_Focus_69.pdf.
Smith, M.J. and Betts-Gray, M. (2016) Finding out what researchers “really, really want": the structured interview. Presented at: Measuring Value: The Impact of Information Literacy and its Evaluation Conference. Birmingham City University, May 4th.
Smith, M.J., Humphries, C. and Woodfield, H. (2011) Supporting our students Presented at: Cranfield University Academic Conference. Cranfield University, 14 July.
Smith, M.J. & Knowles, R.A. (2011) Reflections of embedding information literacy into a postgraduate multi-cultural institution. Presented at: LILAC 2011 Conference. London, United Kingdom. 19th April.
Smith, M.J. (2009) 'Singing in the rain – a first timer at Umbrella', Aerospace and Defence Librarians Group Newsletter, 21(1), pp. 18-21.